Published on February 8, 2018
Shaw Centre is fortunate to be able to leverage many partners throughout the National Capital Region to better serve our clients and help them design and execute extraordinary events with us. One of our key alliances is with Ottawa Tourism; we work closely with them as our destination marketing partner. With our shared goal of making each visitor’s time in Ottawa uniquely memorable, the Ottawa Tourism team supports Shaw Centre’s marketing and event planning teams in many ways. The portfolio of free services offered to clients through this partnership makes it easy to market, manage and stage an event that will meet all your business objectives and impress your delegates with a selection of one-of-a-kind experiences which are available only in Canada’s Capital.
Below is a brief recap of the customizable services available; contact us at 1-800-450-0077 to get started planning your unforgettable event at the award-winning Shaw Centre.
- Flash Your Badge program – Delegates simply show their conference badge for discounts to participating attractions, restaurants, and tours in the Capital Region for them and a guest
- Microsite – Let us create a customized Ottawa destination webpage for your conference website
- Images and video – Tap into our rich collection of photos and videos at your disposal for your pre-conference promotional efforts
- Social media – We’re experts at building social media buzz and engagement for your Ottawa event
- Conference map – We can create and provide a customized map for your conference, as well as providing visitor guides and city maps to help your delegates explore the city
- Delegate Activities & Companion Programming – Ottawa is one of Canada’s most popular visitor destinations, with a wealth of cultural, outdoor, and family-friendly experiences. We can facilitate connections for off-site activities and programming
- Volunteers – If you require additional on-site volunteer staff during your event, we can connect you with the Algonquin College Work Placement Program
- Excess Food Management – We can connect you with a Food Waste Program helping you ensure excess food served at your event does not go to waste
- Discount booking codes – We will be pleased to connect you to local transportation providers who offer discounts
- Off-site Venues – We can connect you with our restaurant, services and attraction members for any special requests
- Welcome Letters – We can provide connections on behalf of your group to the Mayor of Ottawa and/or the President & CEO of Ottawa Tourism so they can prepare a welcome letter for your delegates.
Shaw Centre and Tourism Ottawa can also help you with coordinated bid preparation services. A useful web-based Planner RFP Portal enables you to organize your meeting and request and receive proposals from a large database of local industry suppliers. We can also provide direct personal assistance on obtaining proposals from this supplier network at any time during your planning process.
In addition to the benefits clients can enjoy through Shaw Centre’s partnership with Ottawa Tourism, there are additional perks available when using Shaw Centre’s preferred show services partner, Freeman AV. These include:
- First right of refusal on exhibit space the day prior for show services set-up
- Complimentary access for the show services provider if space was not sold
- Access to some storage on the loading dock for non-exhibitor materials
- Reduced requirement to hire Shaw personnel for dock supervision and freight elevator operation for exclusive non-exhibitor move-ins (because Freeman personnel are insured and train to perform these functions)
While our partnerships enhance what we are able to offer clients, there are further benefits clients enjoy with every space rental at Shaw Centre. These include:
- A dedicated Event Services Manager assigned to you for assistance before and during your event
- Modern, carpeted facility with complimentary overnight aisle cleaning and general housekeeping of public areas and washroom during show hours
- 24 hour general building security with magnetic locks on exhibit hall doors and up to six key cards provided
- Client’s dedicated show office equipped with two 8′ skirted tables and two chairs each, a water cooler station, notepad and mint station
- Access to pre-programmed In house satellite radio, 15 amp/120 volt power for registration area
- Basic staging of up to (10) 6’ x 8’ pieces, skirted with stairs plus up to 200 chairs in a theatre style seating to be used in a feature area